Coral Adventurer Departs Darwin 02 September 2022
Coral Expeditions, pioneer of small ship and adventure cruising on Western Australia’s Kimberley Coast has just announced a ‘special edition’ art-themed expedition to ancient rock art sites, connections with traditional elders on country and vibrant art and cultural communities. This ‘one-off’ voyage departs Darwin on 02 September 2022 aboard the state-of-the-art small ship Coral Adventurer.
An Art & Cultural Expedition
Throughout the expedition, which is limited to just 99 travellers, you will have the opportunity to study cave walls and rock formations to reveal Wandjina and Gwion Gwion (Bradshaw) figures.
You will cruise deep into the King George and Berkeley River systems to witness a landscape carved by the powerful forces of tides and monsoon rains. See mother nature’s influence in the intricate weathering patterns of sandstone and ochre escarpments with colour gradients ranging to deep purple.
Another highlight is the rich culture of the Tiwi Islands, where a visit to the Munupi Arts Centre for a gallery viewing and a hands-on workshop with a local artist is sure to be a highlight. While exploring the Tiwis there will be opportunities to purchase art from the source and interact with the artists themselves, a unique experience for art collectors.
A Knowledgeable Expedition Team
The expedition will be led by an experienced team who will help guests discover and interpret well-preserved rock art hidden in natural galleries. This art themed experience will be enriched by special guest led art workshops onboard.
Special Guest Lecturer and artist Brian Robinson with be joining this departure, with his knowledge and expertise enriching the journey through onboard art workshops and on-site interpretation along the way.
Highlights of the expedition include:
• Walk amongst ancient Indigenous rock art galleries at Swift Bay, Bigge Island, Wollaston Bay and Vansittart Bay and learn about Wandjina and Gwion Gwion art history
• View striking rock formations and intricate honeycomb weathering patterns up close on Xplorer tender cruises at the King George and Berkeley River systems
• Visit Munupi Arts and Tiwi Design to view examples of both traditional and contemporary Tiwi art and experience these artistic traditions firsthand in a workshop with a local artist
• Be immersed into the remote Tiwi Islands on a cultural walking tour in the company of a local guide and enjoy a traditional dance performance
• Gain valuable historical and cultural insights from our expert expedition team and local guides
• Partake in onboard art workshops under the guidance of a special guest artist Brian Robinson
This expedition departs Darwin on the morning of 02 September 2022 and concludes back in Darwin on the morning of 11 September 2022.
Cruise fares are as follows, per person, twin share:
Bridge Deck Suite: $21,420.00
Bridge Deck Balcony Stateroom: $16,680.00
Explorer Deck Balcony Stateroom:: $15,220.00
Promenade Deck Stateroom: $11,420.00
Coral Deck Stateroom: $9,520.00
SPECIAL OFFER FOR SINGLE TRAVELLERS: We have a limited number of staterooms available for single travellers with NO Single Supplement!
To find out more, or to secure your place, contact the expert team at Kimberley Cruise Specialists today on 1800 90 20 80.